Everybody hates the thought of termites. On Long Island there are 3 types of homes, the ones that have termites, the ones that will get termites and the ones that have termites but don’t know it.
Facts From The Bug Stops Here About Termite Swarms…
- A termite “swarm” is a flight of winged termites to start new colonies.
- Termites typically swarm in the spring on warm, calm, sunny days following rain.
- Termite swarms typically occur between mid-morning and mid-afternoon and may last several hours to a full day.
- Termites swarming indoors will attempt to get outside by flying toward light around windows and doors or even toward lights that are on in the room. They will also try to go back into the wood that they came out of to get to their colony.
- Termite swarmer’s shed their wings after flight.
- After shedding their wings, the termites mate, and then seek out sites to begin new colonies.
- Wood in contact with moist soil is a suitable colony site for subterranean termites.
- Interior swarms of termites will not re-infest the structure or its contents.
A recent termite treatment may not prevent swarming, as the swarmer’s may have already moved above the treatment zone in the soil when the application was performed.
If you see or think you see termites inside of your home please do the following,
- Try to get 1 or 2 of them into a ziplock bag.
- Do not smash them
- Close the bag
- Call The Bug Stops Here and we will send one of our highly trained exterminators to determine if it is in fact a termite and setup an inspection to treat the problem.
Remember, If all else fails, The Bug Stops Here of Bohemia NY is the leading
exterminating company for all of your pest control needs.
Call The Bugs Stop Here today.
Mr. Steve Free
The Bug Stops Here
Bohemia, NY 11716