Summer is well on its way and so are the mosquitoes. This is the time of year that we all love to enjoy time with our family outdoors. Mosquitoes can put a stop to the fun if you don’t take care of them. There are a few things to remember to do to keep mosquitoes to a minimum:
• Do not allow standing water to accumulate for more than two days. Common areas to check: old tires, buckets, unused plastic swimming pools, the base of a flower pot, pet dishes, plastic covers or any container that may collect water.
• Change the water in birdbaths, fountains and wading pools at least once a week.
• Clean debris from rain gutters and remove standing water under or around structures.
• you have a flat roof, check for standing water several days after a rain.
• Check rain barrels for mosquito larvae. A tight cover will prevent egg laying. A thin layer of oil will kill mosquitoes already present.
• If you have a pond, birdbath or other water feature on your property, try Mosquito Control Rings containing Bt ‘Israelensis,’ a naturally occurring bacterium that kills mosquito larvae. They can be used in ponds, water barrels, birdbaths and water gardens and everywhere the insects breed. It is not harmful to birds or other wildlife.
• Repair leaks or clear away puddles from around faucets and window air conditioning units.
• Stock ornamental pools with minnows or goldfish (they eat mosquito larvae on the water surface) or treat the pools with biological larvicides (chemicals or natural bacteria that can be used to kill mosquito larvae).
Remember, If all else fails, The Bug Stops Here of Bohemia NY is the leading exterminating company for all of your pest control needs.
Call The Bugs Stop Here today.
Mr. Steve Free
The Bug Stops Here
600 Johnson Ave
Bohemia, NY 11716