Termite Infestation: 5 Warning Signs
Termites begin to swarm during the spring months as weather begins to get more clement. While termites are not harmful to humans, their colonies can do massive damage to a building’s structure.
Even when caught early, termites can be hard to eradicate. Learn the signs of termite problems within a building.
5 Signs of a Termite Infestation:
- Mud Tubes: Termites build these small tubular tunnels for protection as they travel from the colony to food sources. The tunnels are close to their nest and often found in shaded areas.
- Termite Swarms: During spring hundreds of thousands of winged termite swarmers are produced from an original colony that has reached its capacity. These swarmers are sent out to create a colony of their own.
- Discarded Wings: Because they are not strong flyers, after a short flight the swarming termite’s wings break. A pile of wings inside a structure near a light or window is an indication of an active termite infestation.
- Termite Droppings: As termites tunnel, they keep the area clean by removing their excrement. Their droppings look like sawdust or coffee grounds.
- Termite Bodies: Finding termite bodies inside a structure is a clear indication of a termite infestation.
Termites are responsible for billions of dollars of damage to homes in the US. Contacting a Professional Pest Control Specialist is the best way to combat a Termite Infestation.
Schedule a Termite Inspection sometime in March or early April to protect your property from Termite Damage.
Termite Treatment and Termite:
Poisoned bait is often used on termite infestations, but this method may take several months before an entire colony is controlled or eliminated.
Since termites live in soil, a soil treatment is effective. A trench dug around the foundation of your home. The trench is treated with termiticide and the soil refilled. This works as a barrier to prevent any new colonies from entering. It also kills any termites in the house as they return to their nest.
Finally, wood treatments, such as surface sprays, injected foam and sprays or Borate treated wood will help kill existing termite colonies and prevent future infestations.
If you suspect a termite infestation, contact the professionals at The Bugs Stop Here for a thorough inspection and free estimate.
Schedule a Spring Termite Inspection with The Bug Stops Here
The Bug Stops Here is a full service pest control and exterminator company serving Bohemia and Nassau County, New York and businesses located in Long Island, New York serving all of New York City; Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and surrounding area. For twenty years, our team at Pest Control team has been comprised of professional exterminators who provide high quality pest control services for both commercial and residential properties throughout New York. Our team of extermination professionals can get rid of a variety of pests, ranging from cockroaches, termites, ticks & fleas, bees, wasps,hornets, rodents, ants to bed bugs. Our goal is to provide you with the best pest control services that exceed both your standards and those of the industry as a whole.